The contest is open to all persons irrespective of age and nationality.
There are 2 categories:
• Youth Category: 15 years and younger.
• Adult Category: 16 years and older.
Both professional and non-professional cartoonists are allowed to participate in this contest.
The main theme is ‘Agriculture’.
This year, Amnesty International is offering a special prize to the best cartoon with the theme ‘Human Rights’.
More information about the main theme can be found in annex to this document.
• The entries have to be submitted in digital format and shouldn't contain any explanation of the drawing.
• The entries have to be uploaded in JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi (2480 x 3508 pixels)..
• Dimensions include any passe-partout 21 x 30 cm (A4).
• Number of entries per contestant: maximum 5 submissions for each theme.
• You have to fill in your contact details at www.olensekartoenale.be (Click “Register”).
• You can sign up for participation from 1 july 2017 onwards.
• Winners will be requested to send the original drawings of the winnings cartoons.
• This should be sent to Community Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen, Belgium within 2 days after the request is made by the organization.
Prize-winning drawings will become the property of the organizer or theme sponsor.
The selected drawings may be used by the organizers to promote the contest and the village of Olen.
The jury consists of artists, cartoonists and laymen.
Decisions made by the jury cannot be challenged.
Selected entries will be considered for inclusion in a catalogue.
The authors of these entries will receive a free copy of the catalogue during the prize award ceremony or afterwards by mail.
The deadline is 12 September 2017 at 12.00 AM midnight.
The entry form can be found at www.olensekartoenale.be (Click "Register") where you can also upload your entries.
Do not send your entries to email@example.com !
|Adult Category||Youth Category|
|1st Prize : 1500 euro||1st Prize : 200 euro|
|2nd Prize : 700 euro||2nd Prize : 175 euro|
|3rd Prize : 400 euro||3rd Prize : 150 euro|
|4th Prize : 300 euro||4th Prize : 100 euro|
Prize of the city of Bialogard (only for Polish participants) : 200 euro
Special prize Amnesty International : 350 euro
The prize award ceremony will take place on Friday, 10 November 2017 at approximately 20.00h in the council room of the town hall of Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen.
All contestants are welcome to the occasion.
Only the winners will be personally invited.
A selection of the cartoons will also be exhibited at the same address and can be visited on:
• Sunday, 12 November 2017
• All working days from Monday, 13 November 2017 till the end of December 2017:
|Monday||09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u 17.30 u – 20.00 u|
|Tuesday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
|Wednesday||09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u|
|Thursday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
|Friday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
Since man noticed a connection between fallen seeds and the growing of crops, some 9.000 years ago, the possibilities to influence and improve this process have increased..
So today we have arrived at the stage of genetic manipulation..
The scale of cultivation, monocultures, irrigation, mechanisation, industrialisation and robotics, the improvement of crops, the immunity against drought, cold and insects, the accelarated aging…?
However, this isn’t a mere positive evolution. More can be less: depletion of soils, deforestation, pollution by toxic additives, market related crops that are not cultivated in the need for food supply rather than financial purposes.,...?
Agriculture has ushered a global revolution since the dawn of the human history. ?
What can we expect from it in the future? Fields on Mars, mushrooms from the Moon?.