The contest is open to all persons irrespective of age and nationality.
There are 2 categories:
• Youth Category: 15 years and younger.
• Adult Category: 16 years and older.
Both professional and non-professional cartoonists are allowed to participate in this contest.
The main theme is ‘A visit to the museum’.
This year, Amnesty International is offering a special prize to the best cartoon with the theme ‘Right to a fair trial’.
More information about the themes can be found at the bottom of this page.
• The entries have to be submitted in digital format and shouldn't contain any explanation of the drawing.
• The entries have to be uploaded in JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi (2480 x 3508 pixels)..
• Dimensions include any passe-partout 21 x 30 cm (A4).
• Number of entries per contestant: maximum 5 submissions for each theme.
• You have to fill in your contact details and upload your cartoons at www.olensekartoenale.be (Click “Register”).
• You can sign up for participation from 1st July 2021 onwards.
• Winners will be requested to send the original drawings of the winnings cartoons within 2 days after the request is made by the organization.
• This should be sent to Community Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen, Belgium .
Prize-winning drawings will become the property of the organizer or theme sponsor.
The selected drawings may be used by the organizers to promote the contest and the village of Olen.
The jury consists of artists, cartoonists and laymen.
Decisions made by the jury cannot be challenged.
Selected entries will be considered for inclusion in a catalogue.
The authors of these entries will receive a free copy of the catalogue during the prize award ceremony or afterwards by mail.
The deadline is 13 september 2021 at 12.00 AM midnight.
The entry form can be found at www.olensekartoenale.be (Click "Register") where you can also upload your entries.
|Adult Category||Youth Category|
|1st Prize : 1500 euro||1st Prize : 200 euro|
|2nd Prize : 700 euro||2nd Prize : 175 euro|
|3rd Prize : 400 euro||3rd Prize : 150 euro|
|4th Prize : 300 euro||4th Prize : 100 euro|
Prize of the city of Bialogard (only for Polish participants) : 200 euro
Special prize Amnesty International : 350 euro
The prize award ceremony will take place on Friday, 12 November 2021 at approximately 20.00h in the council room of the town hall of Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen.
All contestants are welcome to the occasion.
Only the winners will be personally invited.
A selection of the cartoons will also be exhibited at the same address and can be visited on:
• Sunday, 14 November 2021
• All working days from Monday, 15 November 2021 till the end of december 2021:
|Monday||09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u 17.30 u – 20.00 u|
|Tuesday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
|Wednesday||09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u|
|Thursday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
|Friday||09.00 u – 12.00 u|
The main theme of 2021 is 'a visit to the museum'. Museums come in all shapes and sizes: from large prestigious museums with contemporary art, over collections of dinosaurs, Greco-Roman amphorae or military equipment to small charming museums with all kinds of curiosities. A museum is like a treasure loft, the perfect place to let your imagination run wild. And that is precisely what we want to challenge the cartoonists to.
Amnesty International's theme is 'right to a fair trial'. Amnesty very actively supports this principle, which is enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The volunteers of this organization regularly campaign for a fair trial of political prisoners and oppose measures that prevent it. Just think of the petitions they organize for (political) prisoners.